At Waterford Senior Living our social Activity Director will ensure that you can spend the time doing things that you really enjoy and at your own pace. Whether it's rekindling past interest, satisfying present interest or just being introduced to a whole new array of activities that will add pleasure to your life, you feel like part of our family. Soon after a resident moves in, the Activity Director meets with the resident and talks about the resident's interests, things they enjoy doing and things they would like to try. Our Activity Program changes as the interests of the residents change. We also have over 90 volunteers that facilitate and help the Activity Director with all of our activities and events.
Our Activity Room hosts a full schedule of entertaining, stimulating and therapeutic programs for all of our residents. Live music, outings to events and shows, daily exercise programs, bingo, card clubs, church services, intergenerational gatherings, crafts and baking are some of the activities one will find at Waterford Senior Living.
Some of our current activities include:
- Daily Stretching: Everyday over half of our residents get together and follow an instructed routine to stretch every muscle and get your body warmed up for the day. All of the exercises are recommended by The Arthritis Foundation.
- Advanced Stretching: This is held twice a week and a bit more intense than the daily stretching. This program focuses more on upper and lower body strength, balance, rotation and strength. Standing while holding onto a chair and light weights are used during this program. These exercises are similar to exercises prescribed after a knee, hip, or shoulder surgery.
- Chair Aerobics: Is oodles of fun! Twice a week we get your heart pumping with an aerobic workout, all while sitting in a chair.
- Adopt-A-Grandparent: We have carefully paired volunteers with residents who would like to visit. This is great for residents that may have family out of town or just like to be social.
- Life Books: We create a book after talking with the resident and family members and create a story of that resident's life. It is written in book form and then there are spaces for the resident and family members to add in pictures. This is such a great thing! Not only do we get to know the residents really well, but family members even learn things about their parents they didn't even know. It's like a scrapbook of their life which can be past down from generation to generation.
- Paraffin Dip & Hand Massage: Each week the residents dip their hands into warm paraffin and then get a hand massage. This is perfect for people with arthritis or just wanting soft hands.
- Outings: We have gone on a boat tour in Lake Geneva, the Domes, a tour at the Jelly Belly Factory, the Boerner Botanical Gardens, movies and much, much more.
- Senior Olympics: An annual event held in Racine where residents compete in bowling, shuffleboard, ball darts, horseshoe toss and several more games. Seniors come from all over southern Wisconsin to compete!
- Intergenerational Activities: Children from St. Thomas Grade School come to Waterford Senior Living about six times a year and do stretching, crafts, reading to residents, trick-or-treating, etc.
- Outdoor Games: Our new outdoor courtyard and sport court allows residents to enjoy numerous outdoor games and activities like putting, ladder golf, bean bag toss, horseshoes, bocce ball, giant kerplunk and much more.
- Step On It Walking Program: We partnered with Gentiva Home Health to get our residents and staff up walking. Check Here for more information...
Select thumbnails for larger views.
301 S. Sixth Street,
Waterford, WI 53185
© Waterford Senior Living
a Great Lakes Senior Living Facility